What's new

Ironman mode and the donation store.

Kohai

Time online
5h 48m
lets talk about ironman mode and the donation shop. Now im assuming everything in the shard shop can be bought on an ironman, cause ive looked for the restrictions on the forum and couldnt find any, i asked a mod in game and he wasnt sure. now this is a problem for me, first understand i know that the game must be monetized because it took hard work and has upkeep.
but giving all the ironman acess to all the endgame gear is bad, we are ment to earn that stuff for ourselfs its really the entire point of the mode. so when i see an iron walking around with a blowpipe there should be no doubt in my mind if hes grinded zulrah or not.

now im not gonna highlight a problem with giving a solution: let ironman donate for the perks and to buy untradables only. i think this is the only way u can monetize ironman without compromising the mode

EDIT: add cosmetic rares to the list of thing ironman should be able to donate for

Last edited:

Jess

Time online
11h 12m
I've always wanted to be able to get a phat on my ulty +_+

But gear-wise yes. I entirely agree. Being able to donate for max as an iron kind of ruins the game experience but there is another side to this coin. As an Iron-man nothing anyone else has bothers me because clearly I cannot gain this. If they wish to support the server in a large way by buying all end game gear then that is of little concern to me.

I can understand your frustrations on the matter and at the core I'd say yes limit our shop usage & donor shop usage dramatically. But at the end of the day 100$ is 100$ more to be used towards advertising and other main sources of income for the server. I'm not upset with the devs / owners for their choices.

Blix2 - Ultimate Ironman.

Kohai

Time online
5h 48m
@Jess i agree with the flip coin you present. the mode is ment to be personal so nothing anyone else has should bother you. also i dont think you can revert back to\ normal player\ in this server so on that note a donating iron man can also be seen as a gold/item sink.

i still wish the owner would consider looking into a minor revamp for iron donation. minor as in consider removing an item or 2 *cough cough* tbow *cough* scyth.

Time online
1d 18h 41m
This opinion is quite a common one between players, and as blix said its understandable.
Personally i dont agree, Ironman mode for me is all about personal accomplishment, you stand alone for a reason and thats so you can enjoy playing all the games content, grinding for all the items and being completely self sufficient. If other ironmen want to donate for items for whatever reason wether it be shortcutting a certain grind, or purely to support the server, they should be allowed to do so because thats the beauty of a private server. Ironmen do get donator symbols if they choose to donate, so if you are someone who likes to compare yourself to other ironmen, you will be able to see who has donated and who hasnt on the hiscores page. Again this is all just my personal opinion on the matter :)

p.s Ironmen can de-iron so its not a sink, they can also just droptrade off their accounts to a main if they dont want to de-iron.